Want to work at Massively Fun?
We’re changing the way games are built, using open web technologies and a passion for bringing the best parts of game development and web development together. We’re excited to be working on the next big game platform, and we’re always looking for people who share that excitement.
Game Developer – HTML5
As a member of our development team, you’ll have considerable input and impact into everything we do, from dev process to technology choices to architecture decisions. You’ll be working on hard problems with no off-the-shelf solutions, so creative thinking and good communications skills are a must. (We’ll ask you to blog and/or speak about the clever things you come up with, so you’ll need to be cool with that, too).
Things we do:
- Mobile HTML5 development using PhoneGap, appMobi or similar
- TDD / BDD
- use Macs (yes, we provide one)
- play games (quite a lot of them)
Other things we need from you:
- Previous startup or small team experience. Startups are hard, and very different from what you might expect if you haven’t done it before.
- a github account with some original code in it, for us to poke at and ask questions about.
Things we’d really like:
- Prior speaking or teaching experience
Interested? Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org with pointers to your resume, portfolio, github profile, or something you’ve created.
Are you the right person to be our Producer? You’ll work to keep game production humming within an agile, collaborative environment. Things you’d do:
- Communicate project and resource status’ to teams and studio
- Organize development plans, backlogs and schedules
- Maintain project requirements—release dates, budget, market, etc.
- Coordinate vendor work and approvals
- Manage reports and documentation for stakeholders
- Arrange testing for experience and quality goals
- Maintain high quality bar for deliverables
- Work proactively and make a difference
Qualities and experience you need:
- Ability to fit in, play well, and share our desire to do great things
- Years of game production experience—preferably multiple platforms/markets
- Experience with tools to monitor and improve UX—split testing, analytics, etc.
- A passion for excellent games, innovation, and market disruption
- Desire to improve—your projects, yourself, your teammates, the world
- Deep knowledge and skill in project management; fit the method to the needs
- Managed development on simultaneous projects, with short release cycles
- Solid knowledge of games, especially emerging trends in online and mobile
- Excellent written, communication and interpersonal skills
- Good facilitator of feedback across the product—UX, aesthetics, business
- Pragmatic and solution-oriented
- Prefer those experienced in startups or small-team environments
Interested? Drop us a line at email@example.com with pointers to your resume and portfolio.